The offer starts in an hour or so and runs until Sunday, November 22nd.
"Old School Revival -- the neoclassical movement to recapture the vigor and style of the earliest days of Dungeons & Dragons. The OSR offers tools, not plotlines -- rulings, not rules -- a gamemaster who doesn't railroad players onto a prearranged script but lets them sink or swim through their own actions. Encounters aren't necessarily "balanced," and outcomes are seldom scripted. Characters who don't use their heads usually wind up losing them. These fantasy RPGs, supplements, and modules are part of the passionate movement to reinvigorate and popularize play-styles associated with the first incarnations of D&D -- whether brown/white-box Original D&D, Holmes-Moldvay-Cook Basic/Expert, or AD&D 1e. Many, many "retro-clone" games recast the rules of one or another of these games in new language."
"This original OSR collection focuses on modules for two leading retro-clones: Swords & Wizardry, Matthew Finch's recasting of white-box Original D&D; and Labyrinth Lord, Daniel Proctor's version of the Basic/Expert rules. Later collections have featured other clones. This revival runs in parallel with an all-new Old School Revival +3 offer, launching a few days after this one, that showcases OSR approaches to many genres beyond traditional fantasy."
Books are PDFs with NO DRM. Ten percent of each purchase (after gateway fees) goes to the Cancer Research Institute.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer is US$69. Customers who pay just $4.95 get all four titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $26):
- Swords & Wizardry (Mythmere Games, retail price $10): Matthew Finch's complete 2012 rulebook recasting white-box Original D&D, plus the Eldritch Weirdness and Monster Book supplements.
- Tomb of the Iron God (Mythmere, $4): Matt Finch's landmark 1st-level Swords & Wizardry module with 500+ monsters and two gods.
- Cyclopean Deeps 1: Down to Ques Querax (Frog God Games, $5): The introductory chapter in a very tough and extremely subterranean campaign across the Under Realms.
- Demonspore (Mythmere, $7): A zealot band of Shrooms is cultivating a new god in Matt Finch's adventure (levels 3-6) for Swords & Wizardry or any OSR fantasy game.
- Plus the "OSR Toolkit": Especially for this offer, we assembled this rich collection of free rulebooks, tutorials, magazines, and even graph paper.
- Adventurer Conqueror King System (Archon, $10): A well-integrated complete B/X-style rules set that scales smoothly from novice dungeon crawls to empire-building.
- Stonehell Dungeon (Michael Curtis, $9.50): Michael Curtis's acclaimed megadungeon and its first two supplements.
- Vornheim: The Complete City Kit (Lamentations, $9): Zak (Red & Pleasant Land) Smith's brilliant city-construction kit.
- The God That Crawls (Lamentations of the Flame Princess, $7.25): A weird-fantasy race through a deathtrap dungeon, pursued by an unstoppable slime.
- The Monolith Out of Space and Time (Lamentations, $7.25): James Raggi's controversial, not to say polarizing, Lovecraftian nega-dungeon.
I'll be honest - this doesn't interest me much, but I think it sounds like a reasonably good deal if you like this sort of thing. As usual I should add that I probably wouldn't be aware of this offer if I wasn't on the distributor's freeby list, since I'm no longer interested in this style of gaming.