"This is a bargain-priced collection of RPGs featuring the vigorous fantasy sub-genre of sword and sorcery -- fast-moving, often violent stories of sword-swinging heroes, colorful settings, headlong action, and dark magic. Inspired by the fantasy stories of Robert E. Howard, Fritz Leiber, Michael Moorcock, and many others, these exciting RPGs conjure swordplay and enchantment in many fantasy worlds and even modern times.
We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their ereaders.
Ten percent of each purchase (after gateway fees) goes to this offer's designated charity, Reading is Fundamental.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer at launch is US$103. Customers who pay just $8.95 get all five titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $42) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Two Shadow, Sword, & Spell rulebooks from Rogue Games -- Basic (retail price $7) and Player (retail $7): Human-centered pulp fantasy a la Howard, Leiber, Gardner Fox, Jack Vance, and other great writers. The Player guide adds lots of extra options. (See below for even more SS&S books.)
- Crimson Exodus 2nd Edition (Radical Approach, retail $16): This unusual FRPG brings sword-and-sorcery flavor to a dynamic low-fantasy dungeonland of orcs, elves, and dwarves.
- Sword Noir (Sword's Edge, retail $7): A tasty and amazingly effective cross of dark fantasy with hardboiled film noir. (Think of Glen Cook's Garrett PI novels and Steven Brust's Vlad Taltos.)
- Nod (Simon Carryer Games, retail $5): Three pages of rules, five sheets of cards, and in moments you're weaving a tale of a barbarian in the mysterious city of Nod.
- Barbarians of Lemuria - Mythic Edition (Filigree Forge, retail $17): The heroic RPG of post-apocalyptic sword-and-sorcery in a gorgeous 211-page color edition.
- Two more Shadow, Sword, & Spell books from Rogue Games -- Expert (retail $7) and Gamemaster (retail $7): Expanded rules and new methods for the pulp fantasy game introduced in our Starter Collection.
- On Mighty Thews (Simon Carryer Games, retail $5): The quintessential indie game of S&S storytelling -- simple yet perfect.
- Sorcerers of Ur-Turuk (Arion Games, retail $15): Cast dark magic under burning skies in this D6-System game of Persian-style myth and desert culture.
- Legacy: War of Ages - Basic Edition (Battlefield Press, retail $10): There can be only one in this 1993 game of techno-gothic swordfighting immortals.
I'm probably not going to be downloading this stuff, it really isn't my area of interest, but I think it looks a reasonable deal. As usual I need to point out that I get them free of charge if I want them, so I'm naturally inclined to look favourably on these offers, but if there's ever anything that looks like a crappy deal I'll say so.