"In 1931 Einstein, Tesla, and Ray Armstrong rode the first rocket ship to Mars, where they discovered strange and wondrous alien peoples. The nations of Earth race to send expeditions, embassies, and invading armies across the Solar System. On far-off worlds they discover all manner of alien life, from the stratified caste system of the Martians to the primitive, ape-like Venusians, from the degenerate Ioites and plant-like Ganymedians to the scheming Europans. These planets teeming with life -- and danger -- are the settings of Cubicle 7 Entertainment's Rocket Age.
In this radium-powered game of planetary romance in the style of Burroughs, Brackett, and Flash Gordon, characters might be archaeologists on Mars, scientists exploring Venus, small time merchants running between the planets, or even members of the elite Rocket Rangers blasting off from one hot spot to another. There are 13 playable intelligent species and sub-species in the Rocket Age core rulebook, with more introduced in Heroes of the Solar System. What sort of game you play is up to you.
Rocket Age is powered by the Vortex System -- the same rules that drive Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space. It's a quick and easy system using D6s that encourages fast talking and high adventure. The system is simple enough to pick up in moments: Roll two dice, add them to a skill + stat, and compare the total to a difficulty number. The more you beat it by, the better you did. Throw in Story Points, which allow you to cheat death, introduce your own story elements, create technological gizmos, and grab hold of the adventure with both hands, and the Rocket Age system really encourages the high-stakes pulp action befitting the genre.
This collection presents almost the entire Rocket Age line, including the Venus and Mars sourcebooks, the Trail of the Scorpion serial, and many smaller episodes (adventures). It's everything you need for planet-roaming adventure in the far future of 1931.
We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their ereaders.
Ten percent of each purchase (after gateway fees) goes to this offer's designated charity, Doctors Without Borders.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer at launch is US$99. Customers who pay just $7.95 get all four titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $41) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Rocket Age core rulebook (retail price $20): Your launchpad to a Solar System of interplanetary adventure. Includes the free introductory adventure Lost City of the Ancients.
- Heroes of the Solar System (retail $15): The Rocket Age player's guide, with loads of new sophont races, organizations, and options. Beware the Robomen!
- Two short, ready-to-play "episodes" (adventures) in the near and far Solar System: Mind Dunes of the Moon (retail $3) and No Good Deed (retail $3).
- Blood Red Mars (retail $18): The Red Planet location sourcebook, with new locations, enemies, creatures, and a complete adventure.
- Lure of Venus (retail $16.50): The steamy jungles hide mysteries and dangers beneath their thick canopies, from ancient cities to deadly flora and fauna.
- Trail of the Scorpion (retail $15): A thrilling, Solar System-spanning six-episode serial that pits the heroes against the mysterious Red Scorpion crime syndicate.
- Adventures on Mars and Venus (total retail $9): Three short episodes in the inner Solar System -- Warlord of the Gravitic Portal (Mars), A Prince's Ransom (Mars), and Bring 'Em Back Alive (Venus).
OK, as you can probably imagine I'm going to download all of this stuff and expect to enjoy it - as mentioned above, it hits most of my interest buttons. But as usual, I need to point out that I get this stuff free if I want it, so I can grab without worrying about the cost. If you're paying for it you may prefer to look at other things. You poor deluded fool...