"Pulp Adventure is an all-new, two-fisted collection of tabletop roleplaying games that conjure the spirit of the old pulp magazines -- high-spirit, high-action tales you'd expect to star Indiana Jones, Doc Savage, Flash Gordon, or The Rocketeer. This collection presents several fast-playing rules systems and a wide range of supplements that hurtle from the 1930s into outer space -- and beyond.
We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their ereaders.
Ten percent of each purchase (after gateway fees) goes to this offer's designated charity, the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer at launch is US$121. Customers who pay just US$15.95 get all four titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $56) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Adventure! (Onyx Path Publishing, retail $9): The pulp-era counterpart of White Wolf's larger "Aeon Continuum" setting introduced in the companion RPGs Aberrant and Trinity.
- Amazing Adventures Corebook (Troll Lord, retail $20): Play any kind of pulp sub-genre -- swashbucklers, steampunk, gaslight horror, sword-and-sorcery -- with this SIEGE Engine toolkit from the publisher of Castles & Crusades.
- Warbirds (Outrider Studios, retail $15): In an alternate reality of floating tropical islands, fighter pilots are celebrities flying for glory and endorsement contracts.
- Heroes of Rura-Tonga (Griffon Publishing, retail $12): If you saw the 1980s TV show Tales of the Gold Monkey, you'll like this systemless supplement with all the elements for a 1930s pulp campaign in the South Pacific.
- Amazing Adventures Companion (retail $20) and Manual of Monsters (retail $15): Fill out your Troll Lord collection with these two indispensable supplements.
- Slipstream (Pinnacle Entertainment, retail $10): This rockets-and-rayguns setting for Savage Worlds sends you into a planet-hopping adventure beyond a black hole. (Includes the free Savage Worlds Test Drive rules.)
- Pulp Egypt (Griffon Publishing, retail $20): A packed sourcebook of 1930s Egypt and all the plot elements for three different campaign types in this mysterious land.
This looks to be good value for money if you like all the genres, or at least want to take a look; if not, you might be better off buying just the stuff you want. I'm interested enough that I'll probably look at most of them, but as usual I have to stress that I get this stuff free if I want it; if you pay for it your mileage may vary.