This is an RPG I didn't much like on its original release, and I can't honestly remember why, except that it's (a) high fantasy and I soured of the genre in the nineties, and (b) White Wolf, who always struck me as being a bit pretentious. There are two offers - one for the game and essential supplements, the other for additional material. All books are first edition versions - the current version is 3rd edition:
"For each offer, the customer can pay any price (minimum $12.95) to get all the titles in that offer's Player's/Starter Collection. If you pay more than the threshold (average) price, which is set at $23.95 to start, you also get all the titles in that offer's Storyteller/Bonus Collection.
When a title is added after launch, ALL customers who previously purchased that offer automatically receive the newly added title, REGARDLESS of whether or not they paid higher than average. This is their reward for buying early.
Glorious Core offer
"Exalted is the mythic fantasy tabletop roleplaying game about the Chosen of the Gods at the end of the Second Age of Man, a time of reborn god-kings, failing empires, and savage adventure. This Glorious Core offer presents the Exalted First Edition rulebook (2001) and the core supplements needed to play a game featuring the Solar Exalted and their endeavors across the Threshold of Creation. The companion Irresistible Setting offer now in progress presents additional supplements describing the world of Creation.
Before the world was bent, before the heroes passed and the gods faded -- before the age we call our own -- was a time of myth, sorcery, and savage adventure. The Exalted once overthrew the enemies of the gods and were rewarded by their patrons with rulership of Creation, but the death-curse of their defeated foes twisted the Exalted's hearts. The greatest of their number, the Chosen of the Sun, began to go mad, and their footsoldiers and servants the Dragon-Blooded rose up en masse to slay them and lock their power away. The great society they built -- the First Age with its fantastic Solar magic -- sickened and died in the absence of its patrons. Thousands of years later, the Dragon-Blooded rule over an Age of Sorrows. Now, at the end of the Second Age of Man, the power of Solar Exaltation returns to raise up new Chosen of the Sun, and reborn Solars arise to challenge the Dragon-Blooded's hegemony over Creation.
Exalted presents at once a high-powered, high-action, mythic fantasy setting and an examination of power and its uses. Exaltation confers might but not wisdom. Both the ruling elementally-empowered Dragon-Blooded and newly-reborn Solars have great motive to seize what influence they can and use it to their own ends. Will the returning Solars save the world, or destroy it? What legends will they tell of your deeds?
We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their ereaders.
Ten percent of each purchase (after gateway fees) goes to this offer's designated charity, Doctors Without Borders.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer at launch is US$93.50. Customers who pay just US$12.95 get all three titles in this offer's Heroism-Encouraging Player's Collection (retail value $47) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Exalted First Edition (retail price $18): The 352-page rulebook from White Wolf Game Studio that started it all in 2001.
- Exalted Players Guide (retail $18): Featuring the Exalted Power Combat rules update, mass combat, new martial arts, and new playable character types.
- The Book of 3 Circles (retail $11): The original Exalted book of spells, tomes, artifacts, and warstriders.
- Exalted: The Dragon-Blooded (retail $18): The Terrestrial Exalted and their home, the Realm. Terrestrials are both playable characters and the chief antagonists for young Solars.
- Exalted Storyteller's Companion (retail $9.50): More info on Terrestrial, Lunar, Sidereal, and Abyssal Exalted, as well as spirit powers and artifacts.
- Games of Divinity (retail $10): Details on gods, elementals, demons, and Creation's Heaven and Hell.
- Scavenger Sons (retail $9): The best overview of Creation, plus an appendix on the Fair Folk.
- Creatures of the Wyld (retail $12): Beasts! Monsters! Behemoths!
Irresistible Setting Offer
"The total retail value of the titles in this offer is US$115. Customers who pay just US$12.95 get all five titles in this offer's Starter Collection (retail value $55) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- The Outcaste (retail price $14): Alternate origins for Dragon-Blooded not born of the Scarlet Dynasty -- Lookshy and its armories, the inscrutable Forest Witches, the pirate fleets of Eos and Ossissa, and the Lost Eggs adopted into the Realm.
- Bastions of the North (retail $15): The great nations of Creation's frozen realm.
- Cult of the Illuminated (retail $14): The hidden followers who shelter and train young Solars and the Wyld Hunt that persecutes them.
- Kingdom of Halta (retail $12): The Eastern tree-dwelling nation of Halta and its history.
- The Tomb of Five Corners (free): A short adventure to introduce the rules and setting to new players.
- Manacle & Coin (retail $12): Finance in Creation and the workings of the drug- and slave-peddling Guild.
- Blood and Salt (retail $12): The Realm-conquered kingdom of An-Teng, the demon-blooded Lintha pirate family, and monsters and magic of the Southeast.
- Houses of the Bull God (retail $13): The nation of Harborhead; its Five Peoples; its patron Ahlat, Southern God of War and Cattle; and the Court of Orderly Flame that seeks to reform the corrupt spirit politics of the South.
- Ruins of Rathess (retail $10): The ruins of Creation's first capital, home of the fallen saurian Dragon Kings who once shepherded humanity.
- Time of Tumult (retail $13): Four adventures across Creation and into the Machine God's realm of Autochthonia. The final scenario introduces the Alchemical Exalted, strange clay-and-metal invaders from another world.
There aren't offers that particularly interest me, but I think they're reasonable value for money and may be of interest to anyone who fancies a high fantasy game and hasn't looked at them before, or has a little of the material and wants the rest cheaply. As usual YMMV.