"This is an all-new collection of ebooks featuring Legend, the tabletop fantasy roleplaying game based on RuneQuest. In 2006 Mongoose Publishing released a licensed edition of RuneQuest, and followed it in 2010 with a new edition by longtime RQ stalwarts Lawrence Whitaker and Pete Nash. After its RQ license lapsed in 2011, Mongoose refashioned the system as Legend. This version still works with all of Mongoose's previous RuneQuest II books, such as Elric of Melnibone, Deus Vult, and Wraith Recon.
We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their ereaders.
Ten percent of each purchase (after gateway fees) goes to this offer's designated charity, Doctors Without Borders.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer at launch is US$109. Customers who pay just US$5.95 get all five titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $37) as as complete, DRM-free .PDF ebooks.
- The Legend rulebook (retail price just $1!)
- The essential equipment guide Arms of Legend (retail $12)
- and three Arcania of Legend magic books: Blood Magic (retail $12), Elementalism (retail $12), and the free Spirit Magic chapter cut from the main rulebook.
- The two bestiaries Monsters of Legend I and II (retail $12 each)
- Four historical campaign supplements: Gladiators, Pirates, Samurai, and Vikings of Legend (retail $12 each).
I'll be honest, this is one that doesn't interest me much - to me a very big part of Runequest was its setting, without it this is just another set of fantasy rules and I already have too many - not least Runequest - in dead tree format, and rarely play them. It looks like it's good value for money, but since I'm not paying for it I don't know that I would be attracted if I had to buy it. As usual YMMV.