This offer launched Monday, August 1, and runs through 2PM Eastern US time (GMT -5) Monday, August 15.
Deadlands Noir is the hardboiled fantasy setting for the Savage Worlds tabletop roleplaying game from Pinnacle Entertainment. Noir makes you a detective, criminal, houngan, or Patent Scientist on the grim streets of 1930s New Orleans in the universe of Deadlands, Pinnacle's weird-horror-Western RPG where the USA has broken up and strange things haunt the shadows. Along with the complete Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition rulebook, this bargain-priced collection presents all the sourcebooks, adventures, music, and maps from the successful May 2012 Deadlands Noir Kickstarter campaign.
We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their ereaders.
Ten percent of each purchase (after gateway fees) goes to this offer's designated charity, the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer at launch is US$117. Customers who pay just US$12.95 get all eight titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $56) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Deadlands Noir corebook (retail price $10): The complete 145-page campaign setting of occult film-noir adventure in the Great Depression. Includes the Hexaco North America and New Orleans maps (total retail $8) and the Player's Guide (retail $5).
- Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition (retail $10): The complete rulebook of Fast! Furious! Fun! action. Deadlands Noir is a Savage Worlds setting.
- Deadlands Noir Figure Flats (retail $7): Thirty print-and-cut trifold standup miniatures -- private eyes, grifters, voudouns, and an unsettling number of monsters.
- Four Combat Maps (total retail $16): Large full-color maps (printable with grids or without) of downtown buildings -- Manor, Offices, Theatre, and Warehouse.
- Deadlands Noir Companion (retail $15): A massive 209-page expansion with new character options and four new settings. Includes the free Companion Player's Guide.
- The Old Absinthe House Blues and The Case of the Jumbo Shrimp (retail $10 each): Two full-length adventures that introduce every element of the setting.
- Music to Die For (retail $10): Nine DRM-free audio .MP3 tracks by Harry Mack, specially commissioned to enhance your Deadlands Noir sessions.
- Four more Combat Maps (total retail $16): When your shamus heads outside town, use these full-color maps of the Bayou, Bayou Cabin, Cemetery, and Crypts.
This looks like a reasonable deal - it isn't one that particularly interests me, but I think the price is pretty good. As usual I need to point out that I get this free if I want it - in this case I don't particularly - so my impression of its value may be different from yours.