Shadowrun 3E Essentials
The usual blurb:
"The year is 2060. Magic has returned and creatures of myth and legend walk among us as megacorps bleed the world dry. You're a shadowrunner -- a deniable asset, a corporate pawn -- using bleeding-edge science and magic to make your meat body and mind better-than-flesh. Stay on the edge, and you may survive another run on the mean sprawl streets.
This is the first of two simultaneous offers now in progress featuring the 1998 Third Edition of Shadowrun, the cyberpunk-fantasy RPG from Catalyst Game Labs. Shadowrun Third Edition is compatible with all the older 1E and 2E adventures. It's widely admired as the last version of the original rules before the 2005 Fourth Edition took the game in new directions. (We already presented Fourth Edition in May 2015, and revived that offer this past December.)
This SR3 Essentials offer includes the complete Shadowrun 3E rulebook and all its key rules supplements -- everything you need for a complete campaign. If you're new to Shadowrun, start here. Our companion SR3 Sprawl Guide collection, running in parallel with this one, presents setting supplements about the Sixth World of 2060.
We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their ereaders. (By publisher request, the DriveThruRPG versions of these files are inobtrusively watermarked.)
Ten percent of each purchase (after gateway fees) goes to this offer's designated charity, the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer at launch is US$92. Customers who pay just US$12.95 get all five titles in our Runner's Collection (retail value $55.50) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks, including the complete 345-page Shadowrun Third Edition rulebook (retail price $18) (plus the free Quick Start Rules for Third Edition), along with the revised Shadowrun Companion for 3E (retail $8), plus Cannon Companion (the gun book, retail $9.50), Magic in the Shadows (the magic book, retail $15), and the 16-page Character Dossier (retail $4).
Those who pay more than the threshold (average) price, which is set at $22.95 to start, also get our entire GM's Collection with four more titles (retail value $51.50):
- Man & Machine: Cyberware (retail $15): The 3E street samurai book introduces nanotech, updated bioware, and many delightful new wound effects.
- Matrix (retail $9.50): The last and best of the pre-Crash decking books introduces AIs and otaku.
- Rigger 3 Revised (retail $12): The 2003 update of the 3E rigger book includes advanced rules for robots, drones, ships, security riggers, and electronic warfare, plus an expanded vehicle selection.
- Mr. Johnson's Little Black Book (retail $15): Dozens of sprawl sites and contacts, with many adventure ideas and encounters.
Shadowrun 3E Sprawl Guide
This is a companion offer to Shadowrun 3E Essentials, now in progress. This Sprawl Guide offer presents an additional collection of setting supplements describing the Sixth World of 2060. These books cover Shadowrun's traditional campaign city of Seattle and the world beyond, including the balkanized nations of North America and, for the first time in the SR line, the Awakened lands of Asia.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer at launch is US$87. Customers who pay just US$8.95 get all three titles in this offer's Starter Collection (retail value $40) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Sprawl Survival Guide (retail price $12): Daily life in all social classes of the Awakened world of the 2060s.
- New Seattle (retail $12): A huge and detailed guide to the Sixth World's most exciting city, the runner's paradise.
- Shadows of North America (retail $18): Send your runners all over the continent -- the Native American Nations, the Confederation of American States, Tir Tairngire, and more.
- Corporate Download (retail $9): The top ten megacorps and how to get them to hire your characters.
- Shadows of Asia (retail $17.50): Send your runners across the Pacific to Hong Kong, Japan, and beyond.
- Renraku Arcology: Shutdown (retail $6.50): The largest building in Seattle goes offline, trapping a hundred thousand citizens inside -- but why?
- Loose Alliances (retail $14): The smaller organizations in the shadows, the ones most likely to help or hinder your runners.
Both of these offers will add at least one extra title after launch. "When a title is added to an offer after launch, ALL customers who previously purchased that offer automatically receive the newly added title, REGARDLESS of whether or not they paid more than average. This is their reward for buying early."
As I mentioned my interests have moved on, but I think this is an interesting offer if you don't already own the books. As usual I have to point out that I can get this stuff free if I want it, YMMV.