!This collection of fine recent indie tabletop roleplaying games is the fourth annual installment in the series that began with the very popular Indie Treasure Trove (September 2013) and the high-profile Trove +2 (September 2014). This is an all-new offer. (Purchasers of the previous offers don't get these new titles automatically.) This is the first of many "+4" offers that continue series begun in 2013.
We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their ereaders. (By publisher request, the DriveThruRPG versions of some of these files are inobtrusively watermarked.)
Ten percent of each purchase (after gateway fees) goes to this offer's designated charity, the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer at launch is US$78. Customers who pay just US$4.95 get all three titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $32) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- ViewScream 2E (Neoplastic Press, retail price $12): The new 2015 Second Edition of Rafael Chandler's horror game designed for online video chat.
- Riders (TaleSpinner Holdings, retail $10): Caias Ward's game of modern Horsemen (well, motorcyclists) cheating Doomsday.
- Western City (Vagrant Workshop, retail $10): This entertaining 2008 spaghetti Western RPG by Jörg Dünne was an early experiment in GM-less play.
- Malandros (Porcupine Publishing, retail $10): Tom McGrenery adapts the DramaSystem rules of interpersonal drama (Hillfolk) to 19th-Century Rio de Janeiro. Includes the São Roque city setting (retail $3).
- Eternal Contenders (Prince of Darkness, retail $10): Joe J Prince (Contenders) returns with this harsh and steely zero-prep game of gladiatorial combat.
- Nørwegian Style (Spillskaperlaget, retail $10): The influential 2008 collection of RPGs and larps by Nordic designers, available as an independent .PDF in this offer for the first time anywhere.
- Worlds Without Master issues 4-7 (Dig 1000 Holes, total retail $16): Four issues of Epidiah Ravachol's magazine of swords-and-sorcery fiction and games.
This looks like an interesting collection, and I always like to see what other independent designers are up to. But as usual I have to point out that I'm getting this stuff free of charge if I'm interested, if you have to pay your mileage may vary.