All Flesh Must Be Eaten
"This offer launched Monday, October 17, and runs through 10PM Eastern US time (GMT -5) Sunday, October 23.
This is a revival of our October 2014 offer featuring All Flesh Must Be Eaten from Eden Studios. This offer launched in parallel with the new Bundle of Zombies. But this AFMBE revival runs for only one week, while the new companion zombie offer runs through Halloween. This makes room for two Bundle of Tentacles offers launching next week.
AFMBE is one of roleplaying's most pleasant surprises. It's zombie survival horror presented with great style and astonishing breadth. The AFMBE designers -- Al Bruno III, CJ Carella, Richard Dakan, Jack Emmert, M. Alexander Jurkat, and Eden Studios owner George Vasilakos -- understood their material. So did Ben Monroe, author of the AFMBE player's handbook One of the Living (included in this offer), when he wrote:
"What they don't get is that the zombies are just a metaphor. Sure, on the one hand, a movie like Night of the Living Dead is about zombies that eat people and it's all super-scary and bloody. But look at the time the film was made. You think that was just a film about zombies? A film made at the height of the Civil Rights movement? Not likely. It was a film about societies and how they can either survive or fail, utterly based on the choices of the individuals. Those folks trapped in that creepy old farmhouse were a slice of the American Pie. There was a pretty decent mix of socio-economic classes there, and they had a choice. They either worked together, against the 'enemy' (in this case, the zombies), or they splintered apart and failed. We all know how that one turned out."
The total retail value of this offer's ebooks is US$98.50. For just $9.95 the customer gets our Starter Collection (retail value $35), consisting of DRM-free .PDFs of the All Flesh Must Be Eaten rulebook (in its 2003 Revised Edition, retail value $15), the One of the Living player's handbook quoted above (retail $12), and the Zombie Master Screen (retail $8). As a convenience to our customers, we also include the Free RPG Day 2011 Introductory Game Kit, The Waking Dead, in the Starter Collection.
Customers who pay more than the threshold price (starting at $19.95) also get our entire Bonus Collection (retail value $63.50):
- Enter the Zombie (retail $10): The most acclaimed title in the AFMBE line, this treatise on undead Asian martial-arts is so much better than it has any right to be.
- Atlas of the Waking Dead (retail $11.50): Graeme Davis's global gallery of undead monsters from every culture.
- The Books of Archetypes 1 and 2 (retail $8 each): Three dozen new Cast Members, because an AFMBE campaign goes through them fast.
- Dungeons and Zombies (retail $12): This Unisystem fantasy sourcebook also expands your WitchCraft games.
- Worlds of the Dead (retail $12): A collection of 21 Deadworlds that give AFMBE even more amazing variety.
- The Book of All Flesh (retail $2): This anthology of AFMBE fiction features stories by Robin D. Laws, Matt Forbeck, Ed Greenwood, Tobias Buckell, and many others.
Ten percent of each purchase (after gateway fees) goes to the charity chosen by Eden Studios owner George Vasilakos, the American Cancer Society.
There aren't any surprises extras on this one since it's a revival of an old offer.
Bundle of Zombies
"This offer launched Monday, October 17, and runs through 10PM Eastern US time (GMT -5) Monday, October 31.
This Bundle of Zombies is part of the Bundle of Holding's annual "October Horrors" sequence of horror and dark-fantasy collections. This is a new offer, with only one title duplicated from past offers. (Unhallowed Metropolis originally appeared in our October 2013 Nightmare Alley.)
You'll soon run out of synonyms for "shambling" and "lurching" to describe this Bundle of Zombies, a choice, bargain-priced collection of RPGs about the living dead. These games take different approaches: traditional cinematic splatter (War of the Dead), hard-edged realism (Outbreak: Undead), neo-Victorian steampunk (Unhallowed Metropolis), and then there's Mark Rein-Hagen's I AM ZOMBIE, which, you know, see for yourself.
We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their ereaders.
Ten percent of each purchase (after gateway fees) goes to this offer's designated charity, the American Cancer Society.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer at launch is US$107.50. Customers who pay just US$13.95 get all three titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $55) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Outbreak: Undead First Edition (Hunters Books, retail price $20): Without this bestselling simulator, your zombie survival plan will fail!
- War of the Dead Chapter One and Alternate Beginnings (Daring Entertainment, retail $15): All 13 adventures in the first chapter of this blood-drenched Savage Worlds campaign, along with a new 71-page introduction. Includes the free Savage Worlds Test Drive rules.
- Unhallowed Metropolis (New Dark Age, retail $20): The gasmask-chic apocalyptic neo-Victorian dystopia in its 2011 Revised Edition. (Previously presented in our October 2013 Nightmare Alley offer.)
- I AM ZOMBIE Field Manual Bundle (Make Believe Games, retail $21.50): White Wolf co-founder Mark Rein-Hagen's glitzy color-saturated game makes you a Toxic, a zombie with a soul. Includes the 290-page I AM ZOMBIE campaign book, the Axiom rules, two .PDF decks of Character Cards, token sheets, and the introductory scenario "The Kill Zone."
- Unhallowed Necropolis (New Dark Age, retail $16): The supernormal sourcebook for Unhallowed Metropolis, with rules for psychics, alienists, new spectral entities, aetheric technology, and lots more.
- Outbreak: Undead 2E Pocket Rulebook (Hunter Books, retail $5): Preview the upcoming OU Second Edition (due next year) with this 160-page guide to the new rules of zombie survival.
- World of the Dead (Daring Entertainment, retail $10): This standalone Savage Worlds setting book shows the lands of the Living Dead four years on from the War of the Dead campaign.
As I mentioned in my last RPG post, I'm pretty much burned out on horror and probably won't be getting this stuff. But both look like reasonable deals, and I'd probably be interested if I was still following the genre. But as usual I have to point out that I get this stuff free if I want it, your cliche may vary.