Traveller designer Marc W. Miller has licensed many publishers to create new material and even new rules systems for Traveller. From 2002 to 2009, licensee QuikLink Interactive adapted Traveller to the D20 System as Traveller20 (T20) and supported it with extensive source material usable with both T20 and Classic Traveller. Most of these supplements describe the official T20 setting, the Gateway Domain (four sectors at the Trailing edge of the Third Imperium galactic empire) in the "Golden Age" (circa Imperial year 993, about a century before Classic Traveller). This collection gathers much of the T20 line: the core rulebook (and the D20 System Reference Document SRD-3), the player's handbook, vehicle and equipment guides, starship deck plans, and lots of setting material. It's everything you need for a complete campaign in the Gateway Domain using the Traveller20 or Classic Traveller rules.
We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their ereaders. (By request of Far Future Enterprises, the DriveThruRPG versions of these files are inobtrusively watermarked.)
Ten percent of each purchase (after gateway fees) goes to this offer's designated charity, Heifer International.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer at launch is US$159. Customers who pay just US$12.95 get all fourteen titles in our Player's Collection (retail value $73) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Traveller's Guidebook (retail price $10): The player's handbook for Traveller20, with character creation and combat rules. Includes the complete D20 System Reference Document SRD-3.
- Four Traveller's Aide guides: TA1 Personal Weapons of Charted Space (retail $7) and three vehicle guides (retail $7 each, total retail $21) -- TA3 On the Ground, TA6 Against Gravity, TA8 Through the Waves. These compendia of weaponry and vehicles include game statistics for both Traveller20 and Classic Traveller.
- Revelation Station (retail $7): A small orbital waystation that serves as an ideal base for player characters travelling the jump routes.
- Eight sets of starship deck plans: Scout/Courier (Type S) (retail $7) and Golden Age Ships 1-7 (retail $3 each, total retail $21) -- a comprehensive collection of game maps for many kinds of civilian spacecraft travelling the Imperium.
- Traveller's Handbook (retail $20): The complete three-volume Traveller20 D20-based core rules set, with all the Guidebook content plus worldbuilding rules, campaign advice, and lots more. Includes many useful forms and sector maps.
- Gateway to Destiny (retail $10): A large campaign supplement set in the official Traveller20 setting, the Domain of Gateway, four sectors on the Trailing edge of the Imperium.
- Linkworlds Cluster and Traveller20 Referee Screen (total retail $14): A 48-page mini-campaign in the Gateway Domain, plus useful reference charts.
- The Sydymic Outworlds Cluster (retail $7): A deeper look at six worlds in the Gateway Domain. Includes "The Mahkahraik," an expanded description of one of the cluster's minor races.
- Two Traveller's Aide starship guides: TA7 Fighting Ships and TA9 Fighting Ships of the Solomani (retail $7 apiece) describe the military vessels travellers meet in the Gateway and beyond.
- Epic Adventures 1-3: EPIC-1 Stoner Express, EPIC-2 Into the Glimmer Drift, and EPIC-3 Chimera (retail $7 apiece) -- a trio of missions in the Glimmerdrift Reaches for the hapless crew of the scout ship Broadside of a Barn.
Overall this looks like a reasonably good offer, with a lot of material on an area of space that isn't covered in much detail by other versions of the game. But as usual I have to point out that I get this material free if I want it, your mileage may vary.
The press release for this offer also included some useful links for Traveller referees etc. which may be of interest even if you have no interest in Traveller 20.
- Far Future Enterprises, where Traveller designer Marc W. Miller sells the entire product line.
- Traveller Downport -- meet us back here in an hour.
- Traveller Map: Joshua Bell's amazing, meticulously researched and documented interactive map of Charted Space.
- Freelance Traveller
- The SFRPG and Citizens of the Imperium discussion forums
- An interesting article from 2005: "Deciphering the Text Foundations of Traveller," by Michael Andre-Driussi (Internet Review of Science Fiction)
Also posted at http://ffutures.dreamwidth.org/2062896.html, where there are comments. Please comment here or there using OpenID.