Arion Games tabletop fantasy roleplaying game based on the phenomenally popular Fighting Fantasy gamebooks by Steve Jackson (the British one) and Ian Livingstone. Originally published in 1989 as Dungeoneer and several expansions, now available in a handsome 2011 Second Edition, Advanced Fighting Fantasy is a complete RPG set in the classic Fighting Fantasy world, with a fast and adaptable system ideal for beginners and well suited to long-term campaigns. (For more about AFF and the Fighting Fantasy gamebooks, see the links below.)
We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their ereaders.
Ten percent of each purchase (after gateway fees) goes to the charity selected by Arion Games publisher Graham Bottley, the Yorkshire (UK) Air Ambulance. "In the area where I live it is a literal life saver," says Graham. "I very nearly needed it myself a couple of years ago, but it could not fly at night at that time. In the United Kingdom, these services are funded only by charities, and because there is a reasonable chance I may need it again, it is the main charity I support!"
The total retail value of the titles in this offer at launch is US$88. Customers who pay just US$7.95 get all four titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $40) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Advanced Fighting Fantasy Second Edition (retail price $14): Graham (Maelstrom) Bottley's completely rewritten RPG (2011) that revises and reorganizes Marc Gascoigne's original 1989 rules and adds lots of new material.
- Heroes Companion (retail $9): Mass battle rules, loads of new magical styles, wilderness creation, organizations, hirelings, and more.
- The Sorcery Spell Book (retail $6): The AFF version of the grimoire from Steve Jackson's four-book Sorcery! gamebook series (1983-85).
- Out of the Pit (retail $11): The original, indispensable monster book with 250 loathsome creatures.
Those who pay more than the threshold (average) price, which is set at $17.95 to start, also get our entire Bonus Collection with four more titles (retail value $48):
- The Warlock of Firetop Mountain (retail $7): A full-length RPG scenario based on the first and most famous Fighting Fantasy gamebook.
- Titan (retail $11): A 128-page sourcebook about the Fighting Fantasy world. Discover Titan's history, kingdoms, and great powers. Includes the Titan Map (retail $3).
- Beyond the Pit (retail $12): Another 250 dangerous and intriguing denizens of Titan.
- Blacksand (retail $11): The City of Thieves, Port Blacksand, is home to rogues and pirates, and a destination for the bravest Heroes. This sourcebook includes rules for Firepowder weapons, naval sorcery and sailing. Includes the Blacksand Map (retail $4).
At least one more title will be added after launch. When a title is added after launch, ALL customers who previously purchased the bundle automatically receive the newly added title, REGARDLESS of whether or not they paid more than average. This is their reward for buying early.
Fighting Fantasy resources
- Arion Games, publisher of the Advanced Fighting Fantasy RPG
- FightingFantasy.com and FightingFantasyGamebooks.com
- The Fighting Fantasy Project, a collection of fan-written Fighting Fantasy gamebooks, many of which can be played online
- "The retro cult around Fighting Fantasy gamebooks" (BBC, 25 August 2014)
- Home page of Jonathan Green, author of the comprehensive history of Fighting Fantasy gamebooks, You Are the Hero (part of our November 2016 Indie Cornucopia +4)
And it's probably time for me to ask again if people mind these turning up on their friends page?
Also posted at http://ffutures.dreamwidth.org/2063855.html, where there are comments. Please comment here or there using OpenID.