Back in 2008 I wrote Forgotten Futures X: The Tooth and Claw Role Playing Game, based on the novel Tooth and Claw by Jo Walton. Since characters in this setting are intelligent dragons living in a vaguely Victorian setting I had to write a lot of material describing their life style, personalities, etc. One of the character traits I came up with was this:
- I appear to be the only person to have ever used this word, at least so far as Google is concerned. Also
- There is currently a lot of material being published about dragons, some of them described as being intelligent and having complex societies, and that
- This is potentially a very useful word for such stories. Therefore
- If enough authors use it, it may end up in dictionaries.
- Dictionaries always like to point to the earliest possible use of a word.
- Which would be the Tooth and Claw Role Playing Game, of course...
Use my word, and help me (and/or jugglergreek) become immortal! Metaphorically, anyway...
Also posted at http://ffutures.dreamwidth.org/2095901.html, where there are comments. Please comment here or there using OpenID.