Dark Heresy 1E Essentials
In Dark Heresy, the RPG of Imperial Inquisitors in the Warhammer 40,000 setting, you become an Acolyte, a trainee investigator in the service of a powerful Inquisitor. You, out of the countless billions, have been chosen to play a part in a war so great and terrible that ordinary men must never learn its secrets. You and your fellow Acolytes struggle to hold back the many threats that face humanity. Power, fame and grandeur will never be yours -- but you do not fight for these things. You fight because failure will mean the destruction of the Imperium and of all mankind. The longer you last and the stronger you become, the greater the foes you will be asked to face. The war for the soul of mankind is unending, and even should you live long enough to become an Inquisitor, you will never know peace until the cold embrace of death.
Dark Heresy was originally published in 2008 by Black Industries, a subsidiary of Games Workshop; soon after the game's debut, Games Workshop closed Black Industries and transferred all its WH40K RPG properties to Fantasy Flight Games. In August 2017 Ulisses Spiele acquired the Warhammer 40K license and, with it, the backlist of WH40K RPGs: Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, Only War, and the first of them all, Dark Heresy.
This Dark Heresy 1E Essentials Bundle is one of two offers now in progress that together present the entire First Edition product line. This offer has the core rulebook and many of the most important supplements; if you're new to the game, start here. The companion offer, Dark Heresy 1E Judgements, has the rest of the line, including the acclaimed Radical's Handbook, one of the best DH supplements.
We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their ereaders.
Ten percent of each payment (after gateway fees) is split evenly between the two charities designated by Ulisses Spiele, Doctors Without Borders and Bärenherz, a local home for terminally ill children in Wiesbaden, Germany.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer is US$167.50. Customers who pay just US$18.95 get all four titles in this offer's Starter Collection (retail value $85) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Dark Heresy First Edition core rulebook (retail price $30): The complete full-color 402-page corebook, originally published by Black Industries and now by Ulisses Spiele. Includes the free Edge of Darkness quickstart rules, all three Apocrypha files, and the hard-to-find fan-produced supplement The Calixis Sector Encyclopedia.
- Inquisitor's Handbook (retail $25): The indispensable rules expansion.
- Purge the Unclean (retail $20): Three adventures for Acolytes of any level.
- Dark Heresy 1E Game Master's Kit (retail $10): Useful charts plus a complete adventure, "Maggots in the Meat."
Those who pay more than this offer's threshold (average) price, which is set at $34.95 to start, also get this offer's entire Bonus Collection with five more titles worth an additional $82.50, including Disciples of the Dark Gods (a sourcebook of cults and conspiracies, retail $25); the Creatures Anathema bestiary (retail $20); and all three adventures in the Haarlock's Legacy series (Tattered Fates, Damned Cities, and Dead Stars, total retail $37.50).
Dark Heresy Judgements
The total retail value of the titles in this offer is US$167.50. Customers who pay just US$18.95 get all four titles in this offer's Starter Collection (retail value $85) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks, including several books about Inquisition factions: Blood of Martyrs, about the Adeptus Ministorum (retail price $20); Daemon Hunter -- the Ordo Malleus and the Grey Knights (retail $20); and Book of Judgement -- the Adeptus Arbites (retail $20); plus the sourcebook for high-level play, Ascension (retail $25).
Those who pay more than this offer's threshold (average) price, which is set at $34.95 to start, also get this offer's entire Bonus Collection with five more titles worth an additional $82.50:
- The Radical's Handbook (retail $25): The agents of the Golden Throne who would turn the darkness against itself. One of the most admired Dark Heresy sourcebooks. Includes Salvation Demands Sacrifice, an "overflow book" with material cut for space from the main book.
- The Lathe Worlds (retail $20): The red-robed tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus. Includes the overflow book The Lost Dataslate.
- The Apostasy Gambit (total retail $37.50): The complete adventure trilogy The Black Sepulchre, The Church of the Damned, and The Chaos Commandment.
Dark Heresy resources
- Warhammer 40,000 Inquisition Wikia page
- "The Awesome Dark Heresy: A Complete Review" (RPGgeek)
- The Dark Heresy page on 40K RPG Tools (and also check the site's generic 40K RPG Resources page)
- Reddit's 40KRPG subreddit has an Imperial Armoury page of resources, now somewhat out of date
Might as well be honest, I have no interest in this at all. But for those of you who are, it looks a reasonable deal provided you don't mind it being the first edition.
Also posted at https://ffutures.dreamwidth.org/2108762.html, where there are comments. Please comment here or there using OpenID.