Unknown Armies is the acclaimed Atlas Games RPG of postmodern occult intrigue, transcendental horror, and furious action. In Unknown Armies, players become movers and shakers in the Occult Underground, fighting for ascension to a higher plane and the next incarnation of reality. Created by Greg Stolze (Godlike, Reign) and John Scott Tynes (Delta Green), Unknown Armies presents magick as it might exist in a world informed by crime fiction and secret histories, as twisting wrinkles in reality created by sacrifice and obsession. It's about humanity, and how the most broken among us have the power to align reality with their fevered desires. It's about getting what you want, despite others trying to keep it from you. It's a pulp apocalypse, a metaphysical ass-kicking, the steel-cage death match of all eternity.
Unknown Armies is one of the best-regarded games in roleplaying history. Out of 65,505 entries in the RPG.net Game Index, Unknown Armies currently ranks #6. This revived offer presents the 2002 Second Edition of Unknown Armies (not to be confused with the spectacular March 2016 UA Third Edition Kickstarter campaign).
We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). [Greg Stolze's novel Godwalker is also provided in ePub and Kindle (.mobi) formats.] Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their ereaders.
Ten percent of each purchase (after gateway fees) goes to the charity selected by Atlas Games publisher John Nephew, the National Alliance on Mental Illness.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer at launch is US$89. Customers who pay just US$8.95 get all three titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $32) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Unknown Armies Second Edition (retail $20): The complete 336-page rulebook of the magickal underground fighting for ascension to a higher plane and the next incarnation of reality.
- One Shots (retail $9): Five top-notch standalone scenarios.
- Godwalker (retail $3): The masterful Unknown Armies novel written by the game's co-designer, Greg Stolze.
Those who pay more than this offer's threshold (average) price, which is set at $18.95 to start, also get this offer's entire Bonus Collection with four more titles worth an additional $57, including many highlights of the Unknown Armies line:
- Break Today (retail $15): The bizarre anarchist occult conspiracy known as Mak Attax wants to upsize your soul, one fast-food burger at a time.
- Statosphere (retail $12): The higher plane that is home to the Invisible Clergy. New Archetypes, rules for Godwalkers, and much more.
- To Go (retail $15): The epic occult roadtrip campaign for Break Today that takes you through America's spiritual power centers and beyond.
- Weep (retail $15): Six scenarios of woe and ruin.
As I said, I've played this a few times but I've only ever bought the first edition rules - 2nd edition adds a lot more and is VERY highly regarded by gaming fans. I'm definitely going to be grabbing this one, and I think I'd so so even if I was paying for it - but since I'm not I may be biased, and as usual your mileage may vary.
Also posted at https://ffutures.dreamwidth.org/2117262.html, where there are comments. Please comment here or there using OpenID.