"This is the Bundle site's third collection of RPGs Powered by the Apocalypse -- that is, based on Vincent Baker's landmark RPG Apocalypse World. In the nine months since the last Apocalypse offer, many new PbtA games have debuted. This new +3 collection presents a wide sampling, including Monsterhearts 2, Bedlam Hall, and many titles from Magpie Games. These wide-ranging games let you pick a playbook, try your Moves, roll 2D6, and play to find out what happens.
This Apocalypse Engine collection complements the Dungeon World Bundle +3 offer, which launched the week before and runs in parallel with this one. Dungeon World is the bestselling fantasy RPG Powered by the Apocalypse.
We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their ereaders.
Ten percent of each purchase (after gateway fees) goes to this offer's designated charity, Doctors Without Borders.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer is US$100. Customers who pay just US$7.95 get all five titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $41) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Bluebeard's Bride (retail price $14): The dark fairy tale inspired Whitney "Strix" Beltrán's adults-only investigatory RPG of feminine horror in the vein of Crimson Peak, American Horror Story, and The Company of Wolves.
- Urban Shadows (retail $12): Vampires, wizards, and their hunters vie for political control of a modern-day city. [Previously presented in our November 2015 Indie Cornucopia +3.]
- Three of Magpie's "ashcan editions" (full-length previews, retail $5 each): The Ward (TV medical drama), Pasión de las Pasiones (Latino soap opera), and Velvet Glove (1970s girl gangs).
Those who pay more than the threshold (average) price, which is set at $17.95 to start, also get our entire Bonus Collection with five more titles worth an additional $59:
- Bluebeard's Bride: Book of Rooms (retail $14) and Urban Shadows: Dark Streets (retail $10): Two new expansions for the games in the Starter Collection.
- Monsterhearts 2 (retail $10): Avery Alder's updated take on teenage monsters with messy lives.
- Bedlam Hall (retail $10): Monkeyfun Studios' depressing RPG about terrible people in cutthroat service to a demented family in a foreboding mansion.
- Undying (retail $15): Vampires as apex predators, scheming across vast timespans to control a rich world of sex, violence, and horror. [Previously in our October 2016 Bundle of Nerves +4.]
Apocalypse Engine resources
- Apocalypse World for Beginners (Apocalypse-World.com)
- Powered by the Apocalypse
- "Explain (sell?) Apocalypse World ruleset to me" (RPG.net forum)
- How to introduce newbies to PbtA games (Google+ discussion)
- Apocalypse World Roll20 Game Master Series (36-part YouTube series of actual-play videos)
- Big List of Apocalypse World Hacks (massive Google Docs spreadsheet)
Apologies, I should have posted this yesterday but saved it instead, prices may now be higher than shown. Also posted at https://ffutures.dreamwidth.org/2125228.html, where there are comments. Please comment here or there using OpenID.