This is a repeat of a July 2017 bundle with some new additions. It's being run at short notice because Flying Buffalo founder Rick Loomis is seriously ill and needs the money to pay for treatment.
Revived from July 2017, this offer highlights the Catalyst line and other RPG ebooks from Flying Buffalo. Along with four of the Grimtooth's Traps collections of devious dungeon obstacles, this offer presents Buffalo's entire CityBook series. Compatible with any fantasy RPG, the CityBooks present dozens of individual shops, establishments, and characters, genercally written to be added smoothly to any urban fantasy setting. Originally published from 1982 to 1997, the CityBooks featured contributions by leading designers including Larry DiTillio, Liz Danforth, Mike Stackpole, Dave Arneson, Jennell Jaquays, Greg Gorden, and many more.
This revival is for a good cause: Rick Loomis, founder of Flying Buffalo, publisher of Tunnels & Trolls, and designer of the first-ever solitaire adventure (Buffalo Castle), is facing overwhelming medical bills from his treatment for lymphatic cancer. Rick's family has started a GoFundMe campaign, and the Bundle of Holding is also helping by bringing back this collection of some of the best books Rick published. Ordinarily ten percent of the revenue from a Bundle of Holding offer is donated to a charity. For this Catalyst Bundle revival, we're adding the charity portion to the publisher share, to help Rick Loomis and Flying Buffalo in this tough time.
We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their ereaders.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer is US$75. Customers who pay just US$7.95 get all six titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $30) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks, including the first three CityBooks (I: Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker, II: Port o' Call, and III: Deadly Nightside), plus the first two Grimtooth'sbooks and Treasure Vault.
Those who pay more than this offer's threshold (average) price, which is set at $17.95 to start, also get this offer's entire Bonus Collection with nine more titles worth an additional $45:
- CityBooks IV-VII: Four more sets of people and places you can easily drop into any city adventure -- IV: On the Road, V: Sideshow, VI: Up Town, and VII: King's River Bridge.
- Grimtooth's Traps 3-4: Titled Fore and Ate (don't ask us why), these two books give you hundreds more traps to waylay dungeon delvers.
- NEW IN THIS REVIVAL! City of the Gods Map Pack: The wondrous place built by all the pantheons of Earth after they left this world behind. (All previous purchasers of this offer in its original July 2017 run also receive the newly added book on their Wizard's Cabinet download page.)
- Mercenaries Spies & Private Eyes: Michael Stackpole's classic action/espionage RPG inspired by Tunnels & Trolls. Includes the Adventure of the Jade Jaguar solo adventure. (Both were also part of our September 2018 Tunnels & Trolls Bundle.)
- NEW! Mugshots No. 1 - The Case of the Pacific Clipper: A high-flying pulp-era solo adventure for MSPEwritten by Dungeons & Dragons co-designer Dave Arneson. (Again, all previous purchasers also receive this new addition.)
I think that last time I described this material as fun but a bit old-school, and I don't think that's changed. But it's being sold in a very good cause and includes a LOT of material aimed at GMs who like to make life... interesting... for player characters. If you like death traps look no further! A lot of it is readily usable with other systems - most of the traps, for example - or can be converted with a little work. Recommended!
Also posted at https://ffutures.dreamwidth.org/2172310.html, where there are comments. Please comment here or there using OpenID.