Fudge and many of the RPGs that use this fast-paced, easy-to-play system. Fudge, the precursor of Fate, is a customizable toolkit that supports every setting you can imagine. Its word-based trait scale and simple action resolution make it ideal for novices and flexible enough to satisfy experienced roleplayers. Fudge is historically important, too, as one of the first rules systems released under an open game license. As a "universal translator" of gaming systems, and now under the Open Gaming License, Fudge can provide an excellent foundation for any game designer.
(The name "FUDGE" was once an acronym for Freeform Universal Donated (later, Do-it-yourself) Gaming Engine and, though the acronym has since been dropped, that phrase remains a good summation of the game's design goals.)
This bargain-priced offer marks the debut in .PDF of several Fudge-based titles that are not yet available anywhere else. We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their devices.
Ten percent of your payment (after gateway fees) goes to this offer's pandemic-related charity, Direct Relief. Direct Relief gets protective gear and critical care medications to health workers, with emergency deliveries daily to medical facilities across the US and to regional response agencies across the world.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer is US$166. Customers who pay just US$12.95 get all six titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $69) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- The comprehensive 318-page Fudge 10th Anniversary Edition rulebook (retail price $17), debuting in .PDF in this offer.
- Psi-punk (retail $20): Cyberpunk meets psionics in this alternate world of ghosts, psiborgs, technomancers, and soul jackers. (Previously in our February 2015 IGDN Bundle.)
- Hack-n-Slash (retail $15), a low-prep dungeon-crawl RPG you can be up and playing in minutes. Includes the Hack-n-Slash GM Screen (retail $2).
- The Orb (retail $10), a colorful fantasy RPG with expanded rules for magic and miracles.
- Survival of the Able (retail $5), a haunting horror adventure of disability and hope in a worldwide pandemic -- of zombies.
Those who pay more than the threshold (average) price, which is set at $24.95 to start, also get our entire Bonus Collection with seven more titles worth an additional $97:
- The Deryni Adventure Game (retail $20): Based on the long-running Deryni novel series by Katherine Kurtz, this 2005 RPG of feudal politics and ritual magic debuts in .PDF in this offer. Includes the full-color "Eleven Kingdoms" Deryni world map (retail $5).
- Terra Incognita (retail $11): Globetrotting Victorian adventurer-researchers discover secrets of the trackless unknown -- and then hide them.
- The Unexplained (retail $20): The truth is out there in this modern-day RPG of investigating paranormal phenomena just like on cable TV. Includes The Unexplained Storyteller's Screen (retail $10).
- Now Playing (retail $18): Create, cast, and produce your own episodes of any kind of TV series from science-fiction epics to sitcoms to reality shows. Includes the full-length adventure Ghosts of the Lady Grace (retail $13).
Fudge is a nice game system and I think this is the first time there's been a bundle for it - recommended!
Also posted at https://ffutures.dreamwidth.org/2210102.html, where there are comments. Please comment here or there using OpenID.