Toolkit 7, the seventh installment in the series.
We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their devices.
Ten percent of each purchase (after gateway fees) goes to this offer's pandemic-related charity, Direct Relief. Direct Relief gets protective gear and critical care medications to health workers, with emergency deliveries daily to medical facilities across the US and to regional response agencies across the world.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer is US$107. Customers who pay just US$9.95 get all six titles in this offer's Starter Collection (retail value $45) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Kobold Guide to Combat (Kobold Press): Nearly 20 master designers give tips for creating great conflicts.
- Design for Writers and Roleplayers (Dancing Lights Press): Five full-length treatises by Berin Kinsman on NPCs, alignment, setting design, story structure, and group dynamics -- Building Characters, Group Dynamics, Setting Design, Story Structure, and Understanding Alignment.
Those who pay more than this offer's threshold (average) price, which is set at $19.95 to start, also get this offer's entire Bonus Collection with seven more titles worth an additional $62:
- Kobold Guide to Magic (Kobold Press, retail $15): Another star-studded collection of essays that make magic mysterious once more.
- Focal Point (Engine Publishing, retail $12): The seasoned gamemasters from Gnome Stew detail ways to make your gaming sessions extraordinary.
- How to Run Fast & Exciting Combats (Roleplaying Tips Publishing, retail $20): Johnn Four of RoleplayingTips.com shows you, in detail, exactly how to GM fights in half the time with double the excitement. Includes three bonus titles: The Legendary Combat Swipes Book, ,3 Easy Ways to Add More Story to Combat, and Top 10 Reasons Why Your Combats Are Slow.
- Four helpful journals from Fat Goblin Games, including the Gamemaster's Worldbuilding Journal, Adventure Planner, Allies and Adversaries Journal, and Monster Memoir.
Worldbuilder's Toolkit 7 is the seventh in the Bundle site's annual (well, mostly) series of gamemastering texts and play aids. Of all the site's series (OSR, Cornucopia, Fate, Tentacles, Nerves, etc.), the Toolkits are the most successful. This installment is one of the strongest in the site's history, with both of Kenneth Hite's Suppressed Transmission collections, two books by Robin D. Laws, two Lazy DM titles from Sly Flourish, and the Kobold Guide to Gamemastering.
In parallel with this new offer, we've also revived the November 2016 Worldbuilder's Toolkit 4, with two more Kobold Guides, Focal Point, five "Design for Writers and Roleplayers" titles from Dancing Lights Press, and more.have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their devices.
Ten percent of each payment (after gateway fees) goes to this offer's pandemic-related charity, Direct Relief. Direct Relief gets protective gear and critical care medications to health workers, with emergency deliveries to medical facilities across the US and Canada and to regional response agencies around the world.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer is US$107. Customers who pay just US$9.95 get all five titles in this offer's Starter Collection (retail value $42.50) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks, including the Kobold Guide to Gamemastering (Kobold Press, retail $10); The White Box Essays (Gameplaywright, retail price $8); the Compendium of Contemporary Weapons from Palladium Books (retail $10.50); Dungeons for the Master (Dicegeeks, retail $9); and 20 Dungeon Starters for Dungeon World or any FRPG (Lampblack & Brimstone, retail $5).
Those who pay more than this offer's threshold (average) price, which is set at $19.95 to start, also get this offer's entire Bonus Collection with eight more titles worth an additional $65, including Kenneth Hite's astonishing Suppressed Transmission: The First Broadcast and The Second Broadcast (Steve Jackson Games, total retail $16); Sly Flourish's Return of the Lazy Dungeon Master (retail $8) plus its accompanying Lazy DM's Workbook (retail $5); Beating the Story by Robin D. Laws (Gameplaywright, retail $8), as well as Robin's Laws of Good Gamemastering (Steve Jackson Games, retail $8); and two big troves of ready-to-use dungeon maps from the king-hell dungeon mapper of the Old School, Dyson Logos: Commercial Map Pack 2018 and 2019 (ZEROBarrier, $10 each).
Last time I said (edited slightly)
I'm really not sure how useful this stuff is - probably mainly of interest to someone relatively new to running RPGs and designing their own setting.. both have some interesting material. I think that they're value for money if you need everything, but to be honest you might be better off cherry-picking one item at a time as you need them. I'll be downloading a couple of things but as usual I have to point out that I get freebies; if you don't YMMV.
I think this still applies
Also posted at https://ffutures.dreamwidth.org/2213711.html, where there are comments. Please comment here or there using OpenID.