Doctor Who RPGDoctor Who RPG Bundle is one of two offers in progress featuring the universe-spanning licensed RPG from Cubicle 7 Entertainment based on the BBC's Doctor Who TV show. If you're new to the game, start with this offer that presents the 2015 core rulebook (Twelfth Doctor Edition) plus many supplements and adventures. This offer's all-new companion (heh), the 12 Doctors Bundle, adds a dozen Doctor Sourcebooks.
Cubicle 7 recently renewed its license for the Doctor Who RPG. The supplements and adventures in this revival are all 100% compatible with the brand-new Doctor Who: The Roleplaying Game Second Edition, AKA "Thirteenth Doctor Edition," just out in .PDF. (For discussion of the new edition, see the RPG.net forum thread "Doctor Who RPG Second Edition is out!")
We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their devices. We've added two new titles to this revival, and all previous purchasers of this offer during its original December 2018 run also receive the newly added titles on their Wizard's Cabinet download page and in their DriveThruRPG Library. When you buy a Bundle of Holding, you never worry about missing a title added later -- even much later.
Two dollars (US$2) of each purchase (after gateway fees) goes to these two Doctor Who offers' designated charity, BBC Children in Need.
The total retail value of the titles in this revival is US$182. Customers who pay just US$19.95 get all four titles in this revived offer's Starter Collection (retail value $90) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- The Doctor Who Roleplaying Game 2015 edition (retail price $30): The complete game based on the Vortex System.
- NEWLY ADDED in this revival! The Time Traveller's Companion (retail $20): More about Time Lords, temporal mechanics, and time machines. (All previous purchasers of this offer during its original December 2018 run also receive The Time Traveller's Companion on their Wizard's Cabinet download page and in their DriveThruRPG Library.)
- All the Strange, Strange Creatures Volume 1 (retail $20): Aliens the Doctor has encountered on his adventures, aliens he has not yet met, and aliens he hopes never to meet again.
- Paternoster Investigations (retail $20): The sourcebook of Victorian-era adventures and Paternoster Gang campaigns.
Those who pay more than this revived offer's threshold (average) price, which is set at $29.95 to start, also get this revival's entire Bonus Collection with five more titles worth an additional $92:
- Gamemaster's Companion (retail $20): A TARDIS-full of guidance for running Doctor Who RPG adventures, along with three complete scenarios.
- NEW! Defending the Earth - The UNIT Sourcebook (retail $20): Join the Unified Intelligence Taskforce, Earth's best defense against myriad alien conquerors. (Again, all purchasers of the original December 2018 offer also receive this new addition.)
- The campaign sourcebooks The Black Archive (retail $14), about UNIT's researchers of alien artifacts, and The Silurian Age (retail $20), about dinosaurs in spaceships.
- All of Time and Space Volume 1 (retail $18): A collection of four complete adventures -- Ghost Engines, Northern Knights, Schrodinger's Expedition, and Tomb of Cleopatra.
12 Doctors12 Doctors Bundle is a new companion (hah!) to our revived December 2018 Doctor Who RPG Bundle now in progress. If you're new to the game, start there with the 2015 Twelfth Doctor Edition of the core rulebook plus many supplements, sourcebooks, and adventures -- all 100% compatible with the newly published Doctor Who: The Roleplaying Game Second Edition.
This offer presents a dozen Doctor Sourcebooks. Each Sourcebook explores the adventures of one incarnation of the Doctor on Earth and beyond. With detailed information on all the allies, enemies, aliens, and gadgets he encounters, as well as examinations of each of his adventures, each Doctor Sourcebook is also a fact-packed resource for fans of the Doctor Who TV show.
We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their devices.
Two dollars (US$2) of each payment (after gateway fees) goes to these two Doctor Who offers' designated charity, BBC Children in Need.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer is US$240. Customers who pay just US$7.95 get all three titles in this offer's Doctor Sampler (retail value $60) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks, including The First Doctor Sourcebook as well as the Second and Third. These cover the show's history from 1963 to 1974, and the actors William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, and Jon Pertwee.
Those who pay more than this offer's threshold (average) price, which is set at $24.95 to start, also get this offer's entire Complete Collection with nine more titles worth an additional $180, including the Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Doctor Sourcebooks. These nine books cover the show's history from 1974 to 2017, and the actors Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Matt Smith, and Peter Capaldi.
Last time the first bundle was offered I said:
This is very pretty, with tons of illos from Capaldi-era and earlier iterations of Doctor Who, and the system looks very playable. It reminds me a bit of Time Lord, the only Doctor Who system I actually wrote for, which gave similar priority to role playing over combat etc., and has fun skills and traits like "Resourceful Pockets" (produce any item from your pockets as needed) and "Reverse the Polarity of the Neutron Flow," pulling scientific rabbits out of your hat. I think that I can safely recommend it. But as usual I need to point out that I'm not paying for it, if you do your mileage may differ.
The new material definitely doesn't change this - if you like Doctor Who and RPGs you'll probably want this, and if you took this up the first time around you'll probably want the 12 Doctors stuff. But as usual I have to emphasise that I get this stuff as freebies if I want it, if you don't your mileage may vary.
Also posted at https://ffutures.dreamwidth.org/2237887.html, where there are comments. Please comment here or there using OpenID.