This is an interesting one - Cubicle 7's One Ring
RPG by Francesco Nepitello, based on The Hobbit
and Lord of the Ringshttps://bundleofholding.com/presents/TheOneRing
"The One Ring Roleplaying Game is set in the Wilderland five years after the Battle of Five Armies. Wilderland is the region both Thorin's Company and the Fellowship traverse on their journeys. This land is filled with instantly recognizable locations (Mirkwood, Thranduil's Halls, Lake-town, the Lonely Mountain, Dol Guldur) and characters (Radagast the Brown, the Elvenking Thranduil, King Bard of Dale, King Dáin of Erebor)."
The total retail value of the titles in this offer at launch is US$111. Customers who pay $14.95 get the Starter Collection (retail value $45):
- The One Ring (retail price $30)
- Loremaster’s Screen and Lake-town Guide (retail $15)
Those who pay more than the threshold (average) price, which is set at $29.95 to start, also get a Bonus Collection with three more supplements (retail value $66):
- The Darkening of Mirkwood (retail price $23): Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan's massive months-long campaign against an ever-growing Shadow.
- The Heart of the Wild (retail $20): The companion gazetteer for The Darkening of Mirkwood presents extensive details of the entire Wilderland region.
- Rivendell (retail $23): Expand your campaign with this regional guide to eastern Eriador and the Last Homely House of Elrond.
As usual all are DRM-free .PDFs. At least one more title will be added to the bonus collection at some point after the launch, anyone who buys the bonus collection will get it, but the package is cheaper the earlier you buy it. 10% of the profits after handling etc. will go to the charity Reading is Fundamental.
Usual caveat - The main reason I know about this offer is because I'm on the list to get this stuff free if I want it. I've just taken a quick look at the files and it's absolutely gorgeous and seems very playable, and very good value for money; I doubt I'll end up playing it, but if I did want to run a Tolkien game this would probably be the one I go for. If I think these are bad deals I'll say so.