This is a collection of RPG related stuff published by Osprey, better known for their monographs on soldiers etc. It isn't so much games or game supplements as a series of books covering things that gamers might want to know/adapt/use with whichever game they run. And it's supporting Doctors Without Borders, the charity that gets the income from my Flatland RPG. I suspect that this bundle will give them a LOT more money than I've been able to raise...https://bundleofholding.com/presents/Osprey2
"This is an all-new sequel to our August 2015 collection of Adventures volumes from Osprey Publishing. Osprey has become one of the world's most successful niche publishers. Originally owned by Berkshire Printing, part of the Brooke Bond tea company in the UK, Osprey was founded to publish the Aircam Aviation book series based on the collectible cards which were then packaged with Brooke Bond tea. Aircam's success spawned a long sequence of nearly 1,500 authoritatively written, beautifully illustrated military histories in nearly two dozen series, including Men-at-Arms (400 books) and Campaign (200+ books).
In 2008 Osprey entered the gaming market with the Field of Glory rules for ancient and medieval miniature wargaming. In 2011 Osprey inaugurated the Adventures imprint to explore myths and legends, secret histories, folklore, conspiracy theories, cryptozoology, UFOs and aliens -- subjects filled with interesting stories, whether they be factual, fictional, or somewhere in between. This new collection features nine fascinating Adventures titles, many written by leading designers in the tabletop roleplaying field.
We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their ereaders.
Ten percent of each purchase (after gateway fees) goes to this offer's designated charity, Doctors Without Borders.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer at launch is US$91. Customers who pay just $7.95 get all three titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $38) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Wizards by David McIntee (retail $10): The history and legends of Merlin, Simon Magus, Zhang Guo Lao, Nicolas Flamel, Dr John Dee, Faust, and many more.
- Theseus and the Minotaur by Graeme Davis (retail $14): The Athenian king and his greatest foe, by the co-designer of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.
- Zombies: A Hunter's Guide by Joseph A. McCullough (retail $14): Defending our right to rest in peace.
Those who pay more than the threshold (average) price, which is set at $17.95 to start, also get our entire Bonus Collection with four more titles (retail value $53):
- The Nazi Occult by Kenneth Hite (retail $10): Runic lore, the Ahnenerbe, Tibet, Aktion Hess, Werwolf, and more, by the designer of Trail of Cthulhu and Night's Black Agents.
- Bug Hunts by Mark Latham (retail $14): Surviving and combating the alien menaces of the 23rd Century.
- Werewolves: A Hunter's Guide by Graeme Davis (retail $14): Viral, shamanic, sorcerous, cursed, and obsessive lycanthropes.
- The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow by Mark Latham (retail $15): And the many other headless spirits of history. What is their common link?
At least one additional surprise item will be added to the Bonus Collection after launch - as usual the way that this works is that everyone who pays for the bonus collection gets the extras, but the earlier you buy the less it all costs.
To me this seems like an interesting collection, especially if you're running some sort of weird shit/magic campaign, and the pricing seems OK. But as usual I have to stress that I don't actually pay for these things, my opinion might be different if I did.