"This is our fourth collection of RPGs (following offers in September 2013, November 2014, and November 2015) that use the ever-popular Fate roleplaying rules. Like its predecessors, this is a new collection of top-quality RPGs that range across many genres -- classic and modern fantasy, space opera, and alternate history -- all using the same consistent, fast-playing rules.
We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their ereaders.
Ten percent of each purchase (after gateway fees) goes to this offer's designated charity, the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer at launch is US$101.50. Customers who pay just US$8.95 get all seven titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $45.50) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Bulldogs! Fate Core edition (Galileo Games, retail price $10): The newest version of the rustbucket space opera about troublemaking across the galaxy. Includes the supplement Red Star (retail $5) and the Bulldogs-inspired Fiasco playset No References Required.
- The Small Folk (retail $12): Phil Masters (the Discworld RPG) writes about the magical beings who live in the walls of your house.
- Leaves of Chiaroscuro (Bennett-Burks Design, retail $10): Megan Bennett-Burks' fantastic alternate Renaissance of wonder and Machiavellian intrigue.
- Two Fate Accelerated RPGs from Berin Kinsman at Dancing Lights Press: Starship Tyche (retail $8.50), for boldly going into the final frontier; and Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (Pay What You Want), because -- well, we don't have a good reason, but hey: Santa Claus!
- Oh, and like the three previous Bundles of Fate, this one includes the Fate Core and Fate Accelerated rulebooks from Evil Hat Productions.
Those who pay more than the threshold (average) price, which is set at $18.95 to start, also get our entire Bonus Collection with six more titles worth an additional $56:
- Kaiju Incorporated: The RPG (Evil Hat Productions, retail $10): You've got a monster job to do in Rob Wieland's mayhem-filled game of giant creatures and equally destructive HR policies.
- The Fate Adversary Toolkit (Evil Hat, retail $8): The indispensable guide to villains and obstacles for any Fate game.
- Heart of the Fury (Galileo Games, retail $10): A galaxy-size Bulldogs! campaign by Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan (Darkening of Mirkwood, Eyes of the Stone Thief).
- Elysium Flare (VSCA, retail $13): Another take on Fate-based space opera by Brad Murray, co-designer of Diaspora.
- Shadowcraft: The Glamour War (Reroll Productions, retail $10): Magical superspy espionage in the lands of Faerie. Includes the Shadowcraft Mission Folio (retail $5) that generates unique new missions.
At least one surprise extra title will be added after the offer launches. "When a title is added after launch, ALL customers who previously purchased the bundle automatically receive the newly added title, REGARDLESS of whether or not they paid more than average. This is their reward for buying early."
This is an interesting offer which has some fun and/or moderately demented settings. I was marginally involved in the creation of one of them, The Small Folk, though only as an ideas person / beta reader, and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of them. It looks like a pretty good deal, but as usual I have to stress that I'm not paying for it - if you are, your mileage may vary.
Also posted at https://ffutures.dreamwidth.org/2140963.html, where there are comments. Please comment here or there using OpenID.