This is Cubicle 7's Doctor Who RPG, one of the better ones by all accounts:
This new collection presents recent .PDF ebooks for the official Doctor Who Roleplaying Game from Cubicle 7 Entertainment. Embark on your own adventures across time and space as the Doctor (any of his first 12 incarnations) and his companions (any of them too) -- or invent your own Time Lord, new companions, and a new TARDIS -- or create a ragtag band of time agents, or even a UNIT base protecting Earth. With the Doctor Who RPG the power is in your hands, and maybe in your Sonic Screwdriver.
(In July 2017 Humble Bundle presented a collection of 11 of Cubicle 7's various "Doctors Sourcebooks" for the RPG. Now this new offer from the Bundle of Holding (which isn't associated with Humble Bundle) duplicates only the core rulebook from the earlier Humble offer; all the sourcebooks, supplements, and adventures in this offer are new and have never been presented in a bundle.)
We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their ereaders.
Ten percent of each purchase (after gateway fees) goes to the charity designated by Dominic McDowall of Cubicle 7 Entertainment, BBC Children in Need.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer is US$142. Customers who pay just US$19.95 get all three titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $70) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Doctor Who Roleplaying Game (retail price $30): The complete game (previously published as Doctor Who - Adventures in Time and Space) based on the Vortex System (Rocket Age, Primeval).
- All the Strange, Strange Creatures Volume 1 (retail $20): Aliens the Doctor has encountered on his adventures, aliens he has not yet met, and aliens he hopes never to meet again.
- Paternoster Investigations (retail $20): The sourcebook of Victorian-era adventures and Paternoster Gang campaigns.
Those who pay more than the threshold (average) price, which is set at $29.95 to start, also get our entire Bonus Collection with four more titles worth an additional $72:
- Gamemaster's Companion (retail $20): A TARDIS-full of guidance for running Doctor Who RPG adventures, along with three complete scenarios.
- The campaign sourcebooks The Black Archive (retail $14), about UNIT, and The Silurian Age (retail $20), about dinosaurs in spaceships.
- All of Time and Space Volume 1 (retail $18): A collection of four complete adventures -- Ghost Engines, Northern Knights, Schrodinger's Expedition, and Tomb of Cleopatra.
The offer also includes a 30% discount on purchases of Doctor Who RPG print products at the Cubicle 7 webstore.
This is very pretty, with tons of illos from Capaldi-era and earlier iterations of Doctor Who, and the system looks very playable. It reminds me a bit of Time Lord
, the only Doctor Who system I actually wrote for, which gave similar priority to role playing over combat etc., and has fun skills and traits like "Resourceful Pockets" (produce any item from your pockets as needed) and "Reverse the Polarity of the Neutron Flow," pulling scientific rabbits out of your hat. I think that I can safely recommend it. But as usual I need to point out that I'm not paying for it, if you do your mileage may differ.
Also posted at https://ffutures.dreamwidth.org/2144791.html, where there are comments. Please comment here or there using OpenID.