I've finished converting the game material to HTML, I'm now working on contents pages and the index of illustrations. For the latter I need a way to convert the file names in a windows directory into a text document, which I can use to make a table of links to about sixty graphics files. Unfortunately I didn't think to name them 01 etc., which would have been a lot more sensible, they have names like "venusian.jpg" and so forth.
Now sorted thanks to dsample - just went to the directory, ran "command" then dir >filelist.txt which sends the list into a text file.
I used to do that regularly in my DOS days, it's been a long time though, hope I don't forget it again.