Marcus L. Rowland (ffutures) wrote,
Marcus L. Rowland

Another American question

There's an old gadget sold in the UK as a Dymo label maker that produced labels by embossing them onto rolls of adhesive plastic - you turned a wheel to select a letter, then squeezed a trigger to emboss the label, the results looked like this:

The web site where I found that said it was made by either a Dymo or a Rotex machine - what would the most common variant be called in the USA?

To make it clear, I'm not talking about any sort of electronic label maker - this is purely mechanical, the letters are formed by deforming the plastic strip.

Later Looks like there is no clear winner apart from a slight preference for Dymo, I think I'd better describe it in a little more detail - that will fit in reasonably well with the forensics in the story.

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened