Marcus L. Rowland (ffutures) wrote,
Marcus L. Rowland
ffutures

Barcode reader

Re my post yesterday concerning LibraryThing and DVDs; I forgot to say that I got one of these barcode readers for cataloguing my books (or at least the ones with bar codes on the covers), it works well and almost instantly, and seems to be very robust, especially considering the price:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360721492990

So far it has gone to the right book about 90% of the time - the other 10% isn't a problem with the scan, it invariably turns out that the publisher has used a generic bar code that covers lots of books, rather than the ISBN of the specific book. A lot of the Buffy tie-in novels have this problem for some reason. Anyway, if you're going to be scanning a LOT of bar codes it's a lot more convenient than the iPad programs I've tried, and about ten or fifteen times faster. Highly recommended.
Subscribe

  • Another RPG bundle offer - Dungeon World

    This is a repeat of an offer from 2014, before I was added to the promo list for these bundles, so I don't think I've mentioned it before: Dungeon…

  • NS&I Green Savings Bonds

    Some time soon NS&I are going to be launching Green Saving Bonds. At the moment they're pretty coy about things like the interest and tax status…

  • Digging Up the Past

    One of the gaming podcasts, The Grognard Files, interviewed me a while ago. The first part of it covering the White Dwarf years, is here:…

  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

  • 2 comments